Standard Service per person
Premium Service per person
Our Balloon flights on average last 45 minutes to one hour depending on the wind. Flights over 25 minutes are deemed completed. The whole experience including hotel pickups and light champagne breakfast lasts between 2 Â½ to 3 hours. Ballooning is also about watching the set up of the balloon, and being â€œrescuedâ€ at the end too, not just the flight itself. Not knowing where you are going to land is always exciting and part of the adventure!
What do we see?
The exciting thing about ballooning is that you just donâ€™t know. You will see Bagan waking up in the morning. You will see many temples in the distance and get a spectacular aerial view of Bagan. Sometimes you may fly over villages and see people on their early morning rounds, feeding their animals; or going to market. It is an amazing and interactive experience.
Is it safe?
- Commercial passenger ballooning is the safest form of all air transport.
- In Bagan we are always very careful. We only fly when there are light surface winds less than 8 knots since we launched in 1999 and have never recorded any accident or incident however minor.
- Our pilots and technicians are European Nationals qualified and registered in the UK.
- Our balloons are built to the highest standards of the British aerospace industry by Cameron Balloons Ltd and Lindstrand Balloons
- All our crew are trained to the highest international standards for the past 15 years and have all been trained in first aid by UK Public Transport Inspectors. Our Senior crew have been trained in the UK at the manufactures, and form part of a permanent in house maintenance organization,
Do we see this pagoda?
You will see lots of pagodas! Exactly which pagoda you will see depends on the wind direction.
How many people can fit in one balloon?
We currently have 12 balloons in service. Three balloons have room for 8 passengers in four separate compartments plus a pilot. One balloon has room for 12 passengers in four separate compartments. Eight balloons have room for 16 passengers in four separate compartments, offering a range of flexibility across our entire fleet for small or larger groups.
What is the premium service?
Our successful premium service offers a more personalised and spacious experience for a maximum of just 24 passengers per day in our three smallest 8 passenger balloons. Designed to hold just 4 couples in their own individual compartments with more personal space, the premium service offers a more intimate and private experience. A highlight of the experience is a guided interactive tour around the balloon during inflation from your pilot just prior to take off. In addition to this, clients will receive a free CD or memory stick including an in-flight photo of their flight.
Price (1st October 2015 to 31st March 2016)
Standard Service is USD 300 per person
Premium Service is USD 350 per person