The name Kaba Aye in Myanmar means "world peace" to which this
pagoda is dedicated. This pagoda was built in 1952 for the 1954-56 Sixth
Buddhist Synod. The 34 metre (111 feet) high pagoda also has 34 metres around its base. It stands about 11 km north of the city, a little
beyond the Inya Lake Hotel. The Buddhist Art Museum and Maha Pasana Cave
are also located in the same compound.