MYANMAR ECO TOURISM
Sein-Ye Forest Camp
Year of Establishment
- Located between 19° 51' N and 96° 10' E in Oaktwin Township of Bago
- Yangon to Oaktwin, 166 miles by car and Oaktwin to Sein-Ye camp,
20 miles by car along Bago Yoma crossing.
- To observe natural teak forests and teak growing environmental
- To study different age classes of teak plantations.
- To utilize it as a base camp for researchers in the Bago Yoma
* (d) To study Myanmar timber elephants, elephant mahouts and their
Forest / Vegetative Types
- Moist Upper Mixed Deciduous forests.
- Dry Upper Mixed Diciduous forests.
- Lower Mixed Deciduous forest.
- Asian elephant, tiger, leopard, guar, banteng or wild cow, sun bear,
wild boar, sambur, sneeze and resident birds are present.
Conservation, Development and Research Programmes
- Construction of modern rest house for ecotourism and other
Opportunities for Study and Recreation
- Study of natural teak forest.
- Study of natural orchids.
- Study of working timber elephants.
- Study of natural wildlife and their environment.
- Recreation in a special forest environment.